Middle School Blog
Stressed Out Week 1 (Jan 20
Main Point: God invites us to come to him with our burdens and experience rest in Him
Scripture: Matthew 11:28-30
Life can be stressful. School, work, various responsibilities, problems that arise, payments to make, relational stresses, and high expectations can put a weight on us that at times seems unbearable. All of this can often lead to a simple yet profound conclusion: We are stressed out. Middle School students experience relational drama with friends, an increase in school work, and are thrown into the world of adolescence, wrestling with who they are and where they fit in this world.
This week, we will look at God’s response to our stress. He cares deeply about what we go through, and doesn’t want to give us burdensome religious have-to’s. Instead, Jesus gives us a freeing invitation: Come to him with our burdens; He wants to give us with rest in Him.
1) Did anything stand out to you from the video? Can you relate to Annie’s story at all?
2) On a scale of 1-10, how stressed out do you feel right now? What is causing the most stress in your life?
3) When Annie’s Sunday school teacher gave her a Bible and said, “If you accept Jesus, things will get better”, to Annie that felt more like a burden than a help. If the Bible is God’s Word, why did it feel like a burden to her? Can you relate to this?
4) Have there been times when your faith has helped you? Explain
5) What are the things in your life that prevent you from coming to Jesus to experience true rest? Are there any changes you would like to make?
Events Coming Up
Ski Trip Saturday February 23
We will be heading to Alpine Valley in White Lake on Saturday, February 23 for a day of skiing/snowboarding. The cost is $35 for a lift ticket and $20 for ski/snowboard rental. Students should also bring lunch money. We will meet at church at 9am. We will be returning by 6:30pm.
Click HERE to sign up! *The deadline to sign up for this event is Wednesday February 20!
Glow Games Friday March 1
Come hang out with us and play some glow-in-the-dark games such as dodgeball, capture the flag, and 9 square in the air! At the church from 7-9:30pm