Middle School Blog
Oct 16: The Whole Story- Restoration
Main Point: Our life here and now is just the beginning of the story
Scripture: Acts 1:6-8; Revelation 1:17-19, 21:3-5
We are in the final week of our series looking at the grand overarching story of the Bible. God created a good world for humans to enjoy, but this has been broken by humans decision to rebel against God. God sent his son Jesus in the form of a person to redeem us, which is what we saw in our story last week of the tax collector Zacchaeus.
The final chapter of the story, however, has yet to be take place. Exiled to a remote island in the Mediterranean sea, one of Jesus’ closest followers John gets a vision from God about what is coming. Jesus is going to restore this world back to the way God intended it to be: death, disease, fighting, feelings of loneliness, etc. is going to be no more. For followers of Jesus, this is our ultimate hope, because we get to live in this restored world for all of eternity. Our life here and now is just the beginning of the story.
1) What do you think a restored world will be like?
2) What are your thoughts on John’s vision of a restored earth (Rev. 21:3-5)? Is this similar or different to what you believe will happen when this life ends?
3) Jeremy said that we often don’t think about eternity, but only focus on the here and now. Why do you think that is?
4) If we focused more on eternity, how would that affect our life here and now?
5) What questions do you still have about what comes after this life? Anything you are curious about?