Dear Huron Hills,
As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, let's never forget the provision of salvation through Jesus Christ. Our God is a giver, and every day, every breath, every moment is a gift. Let's continue to respond to our Father with grateful hearts!
You can always learn more about the ways God is moving and working through us HERE.
2017 Annual Ministry Budget Vote (THIS SUNDAY! 11.20)
Thank you to everyone who has continued to give feedback on the 2017 budget proposal! Members may vote before or after worship. Like last year, ballots will also be received during the offering portion of the gatherings.
CELEBRATE GOD'S WORK AT HURON HILLS! LET'S FINISH STRONG IN 2016!
As the end of 2016 nears, don't forget how God's Spirit has moved in us and through us: New ministry launches with HH Moms, and Monday nights at the Lodge; 155k raised for Syrian refugees (matching outside donor brings that to 310k); 28 new members; 26 conversions; 7 baptisms; hundreds of decisions to have a closer relationship with Jesus; a high impact HH Youth trip to Mexico with conversions and physical healing; iZosh continues to empower women in extreme poverty; we've served hurting families at Alpha House; kids through C.A.N.; and all the weekly home groups, adult classes, and ministry gatherings! If you're thankful for the way God is working at Huron Hills, then please be a part of giving financially to help us end 2016 in a strong position.
INVITE A FRIEND! All Church Movie Night (THIS SATURDAY, 5pm)
Join us in the sanctuary on Saturday, November 19th for a holiday double feature. We'll show "Inside Out" from 5-6:30, followed by free pizza and popcorn in Fellowship Hall. At 7:00 we'll show "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe". There will also be a free photo booth in the lobby. Bring a blanket and some friends and settle in for a great evening!
Huron Hills Church Office Hours
The Huron Hills Church office will be closed on Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25.
ONE WORSHIP GATHERING ONLY (November 27, 11am)
We'll kick off our Advent teaching series with only one gathering time at 11am. HHKids Programming nursery through Preschool only. Activity packets available for elementary aged kids.
iZosh Fair Trade Holiday Market (November 28, 5pm)
Come to the HH Lobby and use your buying power to invest in women artisans living in extreme poverty.
Enjoy great food, connecting with other women, and getting a jump start on your Holiday gift purchases! More info at izosh.org
GET READY FOR SUNDAY!
1. Read I Corinthian 10:1-13
2. Sometimes we learn best by being shown what NOT to do, or how NOT to be. Paul recounts the story of the ancient people of Israel as a negative reminder to the Corinthians to not take God's presence and blessing for granted. He calls them to stay focused on God, and not pursue their own desires, and their own solutions.
3. Where in life are you feeling the pressure or expectation to be in control, or solve problems that are actually beyond your ability or role?
4. Do you have a regular time of prayer and reflection with Scripture?
5. Pray right now and ask God to help you get a vision for his strength, his provision, his presence and blessings so that you can trust his guidance even in hard times.
6. Set up a plan to study God's Word. You can download this app (https://www.youversion.com/apps). YouVersion has easy study plans already available for you to use!
7. End this time by praying this prayer: Almighty Father, dwell with us, your people. Cause us to draw near to You even in the midst of our failures. In Your presence help us to find a God who is waiting with open hands and heart to receive us as we return to you. Amen.
THANK YOU, HURON HILLS! THANK YOU, KING JESUS!
Our King calls us to love and you have responded in obedience with generosity!
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the Thanksgiving Bag drive for needy families!
We had a record year with 275 bags donated!
Thank you to everyone who has given to support our current ministry budget!
Our current $1.1M General Fund Budget has received $781,012.60 to date.
This leaves $340,462.40 remaining.
Please prayerfully consider how you can help us meet this budget commitment.
We are trusting God for his continued provision and your continued partnership as we impact our communities and the world for the mission of Christ!
See you Sunday!