9:30am Adult Spiritual Formation Classes
Don't miss our four great 9:30am Sunday Adult Spiritual Formation classes this Fall at Huron Hills. You can *still join at any time!* See the card on your seat for details. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
The Well continues this Wednesday
Wednesdays through Oct. 25, 6:30–8pm (Join us any time)
Do you want to go deeper in your walk with Christ and in your relationships with others at Huron Hills Church? This is a fantastic opportunity…Join us for the second week of The Well.
6pm Optional Brown Bag Dinner in Room 216B
Bring your dinner and connect with others.
6:30–8pm Multiple options for all ages
- Hands-On Church (Fellowship Hall)
Ages 4–104, inc. High School and College. Interactive, intergenerational learning and play for all ages! (Parents can attend with kids, or attend a different class while kids attend Hands-On Church.)
- Parenting with Love and Logic ©, with Facilitator Gary Court (Welcome Lounge, 216A)
Would you like to feel more confident as a parent? Parenting with Love and Logic © is a proven program that offers techniques that can be used by parents of children of all ages.
- Faith & Science, Facilitator Roseanne Sension (Room 216B)
Join the conversation as we interweave the things we learn about God through science, and the things that we learn about God in His Word.
- Awake to the Spirit, Facilitator Nathan Clair (Room 217)
Discover the Spirit-filled life at home, work, and play.
Kids & Youth Options
- Pre-School Ministry, Ages 0–3 (Lower Level)
- Age 4–5th grade (Fellowship Hall): Hands-On Church (See description above)
- Middle School (The Lodge)
- High School: Join or help with Hands-On Church in the Fellowship Hall or any adult class (See above).
Bethania Kids thanks Huron Hills so much for your ultra-generous special offering this spring. You raised and donated about $28,000! To express our thanks and deepen our relationship, we cordially invite you to enjoy an evening of fellowship over an authentic Indian meal and experience how God is moving in India through Bethania Kids.
- When: Tuesday, October 24
- Where: HHC Fellowship Hall
- Time: 6:30–8:30pm (Dinner served at 7pm)
We are blessed to be joined by two lovely women from Bethania India in a Tour of Love. These women will share their remarkable stories of how God has touched their lives and share how He is nurturing and equipping over 800+ children to change their world through Jesus' love.
You will see first hand how Sponsoring-A-Child can deepen your walk with Christ and how small gifts in His Name make incredible changes!
Our guests from Bethania India are:
- Josephine is a ministry leader for our Shalom children's home and has modeled Christ to over 100 young women over the past 10 years.
- Cristal is a talented and beautiful graduate of our Nagercoil Bethania Home who has gone to college and become a nurse. She now ministers in Christ's name to the sick.
Please come join us for a memorable evening of encouragement, partnership and unity in Christ! Sign up sheets are at the entrance or see Carol Springer, Evan Schut, Amanda Turner, Dave Raymond or Ravi Srinivasan.
Help Welcome New Attenders to the HHC Family with Hospitality!
Would you like to help extend the 'welcome mat' to new attenders at Huron Hills Church? Do you enjoy hosting people for meals at your home? If you are an HHC member/regular attender who would like to be on an e-mail list/rotation that could allow you to connect occasionally with a new attender to invite to your home for a meal, we'd love to hear from you. E-mail Community Life Director Kurt Heinold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An amazing way to serve and build valuable relationships with our college and graduate students is through our Adopt-a-Student program! Volunteer to make your home a home-away-from-home for a college student in our Huron Hills Church community.
Some ways you could serve: Provide a home-cooked meal once every week, every two weeks, or every month. Take them out for coffee and conversation. Volunteer your laundry room. Get lunch together after church on Sundays.
If any of the above suggestions sound like something you could do for one of our college or grad students (or a group of them!) we would love to have you a part of Adopt-a-Student.
For more information, or to join in the fun and service, please contact Nate Veldhoff (email@example.com).
HHKids Volunteer Needs:
- Check-In Host 11:00, Second Sunday of the month—a great way to meet and welcome families, and pivotal to our ministry!
- 2's/3's Teacher 9:30 or 11:00 bi-weekly— All material and supplies prepped for you with our great new curriculum!
- K/1st Assistant 9:30 bi-weekly— Come play and assist with our awesome K/1st kiddos!
- Large Group Teacher— 9:30 Engaging person who loves kids and could teach bible story/lead from our curriculum for kids K–5th grade in Large Group. 1x/mo. Bianca@huronhills.org
Let’s give a hand to the 41 pair of hands that volunteered to serve the homeless families at Interfaith Hospitality Network this past week. These hands from HHC served meals, provided childcare, companionship and overnight support to the families at IHN’s Alpha House. Many other hands generously supplied items for the IHN food pantry and supply closet. Thanks to all. Your expression of Christ’s love for those in need is greatly appreciated by the IHN families and staff. Join hands with us to serve during our next host week in February 2018 (next year’s schedule is not yet finalized). Contact Margaret Gaugler for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women’s Bible Study
Thursday morning Women’s Bible study has begun! Join us at 10am in Room 217 for in-depth Bible study and prayer! We are studying Principles for Spiritual Warfare in the Following God format. It shines light on the prevailing worldview of cosmic humanism and all its dangers while examining what Scripture says about Satan and how we are to respond. For any questions, please contact Dena Cooperwasser at email@example.com.
HHMoms is an intergenerational group of moms looking for depth of relationship with each other and Christ! We meet Friday mornings Huron Hills from 9:30–11:15am in Room 216B. We spend time drinking coffee, eating delicious treats, delving deep into the Word together, and developing intentional friendships. Free childcare is provided, all ages and stages of moms are welcome to join! Please sign up at huronhills.org or on the sign up sheets at the welcome area. If you have any questions, please contact Steph Ebright at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or join our Facebook group, HHMoms.
Divorce Recovery Workshop
This fall will mark the 33rd year that Divorce Recovery Workshop has been offered here at Huron Hills, and over the years hundreds of lives have been touched through this wonderful ministry. The workshop will meet on Thursday nights through November 9, 7–9:30pm. Once again our presenter will be Eddie Dunn, who speaks with warmth and compassion, encouraging the participants to grow and experience healing in many areas of their lives. The presentations are from a Christian perspective, and are based on sound psychological principles dealing with grief/loss, recovery, and the process of healing. Please consider whether you or someone you know might be helped by this life-changing workshop. Contact Marilyn Johnston at email@example.com, or call the church at (734) 769-6299 if you have questions or would like to pre-register. The registration fee is $40. Scholarships available.
New HHKids Sunday Format
- 9:30–10:30 Spiritual Formation:
- PreK and Elementary—Gospel Project
(Grow alongside your kids in the same scriptures each week by joining The Word spiritual formation class as they do The Gospel Project for adults)
- 10:30—ALL Elementary get picked up–Community time in Fellowship Hall. PreK may remain downstairs for the morning.
- 11–12:15—Worship Service–PreK same as 9:30.
All elementary kids start in service; check in at HHkids station by sanctuary, if needed.
- K–3rd dismissed with HHKids leaders to Large Group in Media Room for teaching, worship, and activities.
- 4th/5th graders remain in service at 11:00 (*new sermon notes will be available; if kids show completed notes to folks at the Welcome Center, they get a treat!)
Love & Logic—The Well
Join us Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm through October 25 for a 5-week course, Parenting with Love and Logic© (facilitator, Gary Court). Would you like to feel more confident as a parent? Parenting with Love and Logic© is a proven program that offers techniques that can be used by parents of children of all ages. Sign up with Bianca@huronhills.org (include ages of your kids for planning purposes).
Cider Mill Trip
We are off to the cider mill on Saturday, October 7! Come join us for cider, doughnuts, and a fun filled afternoon! We will meet at the Lodge at 3pm.
Our fall retreats are in just a couple weeks! Come join us for an awesome weekend filled with opportunities to build community, grow in your relationship with God, and to have a ton of fun! The cost is $100 for the first student from each family. $50 for each additional student/friend (including siblings that are attending different retreats).
- Middle School Retreat: October 13–15 at Michindoh!
- High School Retreat: October 27–29 at Faholo!
High School Youth Group
Sundays from 6:30–8:30pm at the Lodge.
Middle School Youth Group
Wednesdays from 7–8:30pm at the Lodge.
We meet each week to hang out, build community, worship God, and study His Word together. We're going to start out the school year focusing on some assurances we have through Christ: Assurance of Salvation, Assurance of Answered Prayer, Assurance of Victory, Assurance of Forgiveness, and Assurance of Guidance. Come join us!
Sundays at 9:30am. Students will study God’s word and will learn to apply his word to their lives.
High School Small Groups
- Guys Tuesday Night Small Group: Tuesdays, 7pm
Dave Raymond's house, 2765 Nixon Rd
Let's hang out, study the Bible, and push each other to bigger and better things! For details or questions, please contact Dave at 734-657-1611.
- Girls Thursday Night Small Group: Thursdays, time TBD
Emma Rae & Elise's house, 6601 Cherry Hill Rd
Enjoy time together in fellowship, prayer, and Bible study. Please contact Emma Rae at 734-545-2691 with any questions.
- October 7—Cider Mill
- October 13–15—Middle School Fall Retreat
- October 27–29—High School Fall Retreat
- November 18–Nerf Gun Night
- December 16–All Youth Christmas Party
Welcome College Students
LIKE our Facebook page HHCollege to keep up with all that's happening with the college ministry at Huron Hills!
HH College and Young Adult Fall Retreat Rescheduled!
he fall retreat has been rescheduled. It is now November 10–12, 2017. Come join us in Muskegon for a weekend on beautiful Lake Michigan. Email Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.